Bishop Michael Blue
a husband and father, a musician, and a student of the Word, desires to know Christ more intimately, and to make Him known more fully.
- Michael A. Blue was born in North Carolina and was reared from infancy in Sellers, South Carolina.
- Attended the schools of Marion District #1, Marion, South Carolina.
Graduated from Francis Marion University. B. A. in English (1985)
- In 1986 he became an English instructor at the Marion High School.
He served as an award winning educator for twenty-five (25) years.
As a child, he
- Attended The Greater Highway Church of Christ, Latta, SC.
- Was a member of The New Mt. Zion A.M.E. Church, Sellers, SC, where he served the church in many capacities.
- Joined the Born Again Church of Jesus Christ (Bishop John W. Barber) – 1977.
- Served the local church as musician, Sunday school teacher, and youth president.
- Preached his first official sermon and was licensed in July of 1980.
- Was ordained an Elder in August of 1987.
- Served the Born Again Church in various state and national functions.
- Taught high school English from 1986 through 2011.
In 1988, Began a Black History Month choir at Marion High School.
- Developed choir into an elective credit-earning course renamed the Marion High School Gospel Chorus.
- Was named MHS Teacher of the Year 2002-2003.
- Was named Marion District One Teacher of The Year 2003-2004.
- In 1990, founded the Chosen Generation Community Youth Choir creating an outlet for youth to participate in a holistic artistic expression and allowing God to so mark them so that many of them are leaders in the Kingdom even to this day.
Marriage, Family, and Pastorate
- The year of 1991 was a year of destiny for then Elder Blue.
- Received special inspiration from Revelation 3:8, “Behold, I have set before thee an open door…” This precipitated the ministry that ultimately led to establishment of The Door of Hope Church.
- On June 8, 1991 was joined in holy matrimony to the former Malinda J. Tarte of Camden, NJ.
- To this union two children — Michala and Michael II (a.k.a. “B.J.”) — have been added.
- And finally in August of that year, he began to teach a Bible study in the home of a co-worker’s relative. This Bible study was destined to evolve into a local church.
- In February of 1992, Elder and Sister Blue became the founding pastors of The Door of Hope Christian Church.
- Dedicated the Church’s Worship and Ministry Center (March 2001).
- Led the congregation in paying off the building in less than nine years (December 2010), burning the mortgage (February 2011) amidst the Great Recession.
- Was consecrated to the bishopric in December of 1997.
- Served as an assistant diocesan and a diocesan from 1997 until 2000.
- Has served as Presiding Prelate of the Christian Covenant Fellowship of Ministries (CCFM), from its establishment in December of 2000 until the present.
He is the host of a number of annual conference events among which are the following:
- Annual CCFM Conference (June)
- “Structured for Increase” Leadership Conference (October).
- Marriage Enrichment Conference
- Kingdom of God Seminar
- Kingdom of the Arts and Media Conference
- CCFM consists of leaders, churches, and ministries in Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Illinois, Ohio, Philadelphia, New Jersey, and New York.
- Another regional event that spawned as a result of Bishop Michael Blue’s ministry is the New York City CCFM Conference.
- The NY City CCFM Leadership Alliance is the host organization for this gathering.
- Is the author of Building Credibility in Leadership: Principles for Secondary Leaders (Creation House, 2011).
- State senator’s advisory council (Sen. Kent Williams- Marion County, SC)
- The Superintendent’s Community Advisory Committee
- DAODAS (SC Department of Alcohol and other Drug Abuse Services) SC Faith Advisory Network
- WELVISTA (healthcare organization for the uninsured) development committee.
- Gives motivational / inspirational talks to youth at schools.
- Conducts leadership seminars and conferences for churches and fellowships.
- Has served as a guest speaker for educational conferences (e.g. South Carolina Association of Black School Educators, Florence School District #5’s Opening Convocation) and other community events.
- Presently a member of the South Carolina State
- Board of Education (2010-2013).
- Doctor of Divinity degree in May of 2010 – Cathedral Bible College
- Doctor of Humanities degree in December of 2010 – Francis Marion University